5 Easiest Football Bets to Win with Lowest Risk

Posted on
easiest football bets to win

Football betting is easy. But making money out of it might be a challenge. The good news is placing a winning bet need not be difficult. You can pick any of the easiest football bets to win – the ones with low odds that might not bring you the big money but would almost always be correct.

Although betting on football is widely popular, placing a bet that would result in a win for sure is easier said than done. There is no hard and fast rule. Of course, you can depend on prediction experts and tipsters. But eventually, intuition drives you. Perhaps, this is why a win feels great and a loss stings more than anyone can imagine.

But despite the house always having an edge and bookies notoriously known for never going out of business, these football bets can fetch you the buck really quick. How? – With easy bets that are less likely to go wrong.

Please note that we are not talking about match betting, arbing and miraclebets, which are sure-fire ways of beating bookies. That’s a different story. They come with conditions; the easy bets we will list, don’t.

5 Football Bets that are the Easiest to Win

1. Over/Under Goals

How it works

The bookie offers you the odds on a presumed number of possible goals on a said match. As a bettor, you choose to bet on whether the number will be more (over) or less (under) than what has been presumed. This is one of the most common bets with bookies keeping the goal margin at 2.5.

Example

For an ongoing match between Manchester United and Chelsea in the Premier League, let’s assume a top bookie like Bet365 offers odds of 10/11 on under goals with the margin at 2.5. You place an over goal bet and the final score of the match is 2-1 (3 goals in total). You win the bet and receive payment at 10/11.

Why it is easy to win

It is almost always easy to predict if you can win an over/under bet. You can do this by choosing an over bet for a low number of goals or an under bet for a high number of goals.

For instance, if you bet for an over goal of 0.5, you would lose only if none of the teams score a goal and the match ends in a 0-0, which is next to impossible. Yet again, if you bet for an under goal of 7.5, your chances of winning are high because fewer goals are likely to happen.

2. Half Time Over/Under Goals

How it works

Another lucrative market in football to bet on, half time over/under (also known as first half over/under) is exactly like over/under bet. The only difference is the odds are offered on the total goals scored in the first half of the match.

Example

For an ongoing match between Manchester United and Chelsea in the Premier League, if 10Bet offers odds of 7/11 on under goals with the margin at 2.5 for the first half of the match. You place an under goal bet and the final score of the match is 1-0 (1 goal in total) in the first half. You would win the bet and get paid out at 7/11.

Why it is easy to win

Goals being scored during the first half of a football match is highly likely, which makes half time over/under goals one of the easiest football bets to win. Placing under bets is recommended for higher accuracy.

3. Double Chance Bet

How it works

Every football match has three possible outcomes: the home team winning, the away team winning, or a draw. The chance of each outcome happening is 33.33%. In a double chance bet, you bet on any two of these outcomes, thus keeping your prospects of winning at 66.66%.

Example

Let’s assume a Premier League match finishes Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea, where the former is the Home team and the latter the Away team. Your options for a double chance bet would be:

  • 1X – Home team wins or the match is a draw
  • 12 – Home team wins or the away team wins
  • 2X – Away team wins or the match is a draw

Here, 1 represents the Home team, 2 the Away team and X a draw. You win if you bet on 1X or 12 and lose if you bet on X2.

Why it is easy to win

A double chance bet lets you cover two possible outcomes of all the three in a football match. Such a bet is highly likely to be correct than a bet placed on a single outcome. The risk is low and the accuracy high. Bonus tip: always study the team strength before placing a double chance bet.

4. Draw No Bet

How it works

A Draw No Bet straddles the line between a standard bet on the outcome and a double chance bet. The possibilities of a draw as the outcome are nil and bettors wager on whether the Home or the Away team would win. Also know as a handicap bet, a draw no bet stands cancelled if the outcome of a football match is a draw.

Example

Let’s assume Manchester United is playing Chelsea at home in the Premier League. Betfair has priced up the two-way market as follows:

  • Manchester United – 11/10
  • Chelsea – 4/5

You win 11/10 if you place a bet on the possibility of the Home team winning and the match ends Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea. You lose 4/5 if you place a bet on the Away team and the same outcome results. However, the bet is cancelled and the money refunded if the match ends Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea.

Why it is easy to win

A Draw No Bet in the two-way market is better than the standard three-way market because, in case of a draw, you get your money back. Therefore, it is a low-risk bet with a high chance of winning.

5. Both Teams to Score (BTTS)

How it works

The final type in our list of easy-to-win football bets in Both Teams to Score (BTTS). To place this bet, you need to choose from two options – ‘yes’ or ‘no’ which determine whether both teams in a football match would win (that is, score a goal). If you know two aggressive teams are playing, a ‘yes’ is an intelligent choice.

Example

Say Manchester United is playing Chelsea in the Premier League. You’d win if the result is something like Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea or Chelsea 3-1 Manchester United. You’d lose if it is something like Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea or Chelsea 0-1 Manchester United. Please note that a BTTS bet may vary depending on the type you choose.

Common BTTS bets

  • Standard BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) in the match
  • First Half BTTS – bet on whether the two teams will score goal(s) in the first half
  • Second Half BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) in the second half
  • Both Halves BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) in both the first and second half
  • No Draw BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) without the match ending in a draw
  • Two or More Goals BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score two or more goal(s) during the match
  • Match Result BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) and the Home/Away team would win
  • Over/Under BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) and the total number be more or less than what the bookie specified
  • Correct Score BTTS – bet on whether the two teams would score goal(s) and predict the number of goals accurately

Why it is easy to win

A BTTS bet is usually free from the constraints of time, order of goals, total score and outcome. If you believe both teams in a match can score goals, place your BTTS bets confidently and rake in the moolah.

To Conclude

The easiest football bets to win come with low odds. But they also carry low risks and higher chances of being correct. It makes them the choicest bets when you want to make money betting on football online. On the other hand, one win at a difficult bet is way more profitable, which makes it tempting. However, the risks involved increase the chances of losing. Eventually, everything depends on the odds you have. Choose wisely.

One thought on “5 Easiest Football Bets to Win with Lowest Risk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CLOSE MENU